Saturday, May 25, 2013

Chocolate Pudding

Preparation time - 5 minutes
Cooking time - 5-7 minutes (refrigerate for at least 1.5 - 2 hours once ready)
Serves: 4

Ingredients:

  • Chocolate: 50 g
  • Milk: 200 ml
  • Fresh cream: 200 ml
  • Eggs (yolks): 2
  • Sugar: 40 g
  • Chocolate and nuts for decoration




Directions

  1. Grate the chocolate and keep aside.
  2. Mix the milk and cream and heat it slightly. Do not boil. 
  3. Add the grated chocolate to this and stir till the chocolate dissolves completely. 
  4. In a bowl, beat two egg yolks and add sugar and mix.
  5. Add 3 to this and mix well. Make sure you do not create any bubbles while doing this.
  6. In a pressure cooker, pour one cup of water and place a streamer inside. Basically any vessel with holes would do. The idea is to steam the mixture. 
  7. Pour the mix into small cups or bowls and place them inside the cooker. Cover with a kitchen paper and put on the lid.
  8. Once the pressure is built inside, lower the flame to minimum and keep for 4 minutes. Put off the flame and keep till the lid opens automatically.
  9. Your pudding is ready. Put it in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
  10. Decorate with grated chocolate and nuts and serve. I used almond chocolate and nuts. 



6 comments:

  1. Hi Puneeta. Congrats on your new Blog. I've been seeing the food pics on FB and finally get to know the recipes behind the delicious dishes. By the way, do you remember Yang Chen from HMSI. I came across her on FB recently and she has been a participant on Master Chef India. She married Nitesh Madan and now her name is Aditi Madan.
    Looking forward to many more recipes on your Blog.
    Good Luck!!!
    Geetika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Geetika, thank you!! How are you? Long time no hear...ha ha :) i hope you like the recipes...I am not sure if I remember Yang Chen though I checked out her pic on FB (and have seen her in Master Chef too) and her face does look familiar. She was in which department? BTW, are you on whatsapp?
      Cheers,
      Puneeta

      Delete
  2. Hi Puneeta, my name is Alex. I am a friend of CJ and Aman. I tried this recipe today and have to say it was easy and very delicious. One point though, I don't have a pressure cooker so I used an ordinary pot with a lid, with a little water in the bottom and a steaming tray in the pot. Steaming time may be a little longer but no problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex. I have heard about you from CJ and Aman. I am glad you liked the recipe. As long as you know how much time it requires, steaming in any utensil should be OK :) There is another version (caramel)of this recipe which I hope to upload sometime soon..do check that out too!! Cheers!!

      Delete