Friday, July 12, 2013

Oats and Broken Wheat Idli

I usually have a tough time getting my toddler son to eat chapattis and paranthas. All he wants to eat is rice, ramen and spaghetti for it is easier for him to gulp those down than to chew on the chapattis. He does not like broken wheat porride, khichdi etc. I have tried many tricks to make him eat some wheat but almost everything has failed, so I was quite excited about trying out this instant idli recipe that a friend posted on her blog a few days ago. It uses oats and broken wheat as main ingredients, which I thought would be good for my little one and good for the family as it is healthy and nutritious. I finally made the idlis this morning and they turned out pretty well. (the pic has not turned out very well and I really need to work on my photography skills :)) I mashed the idlies and mixed them with dal and gave it to my son and he just loved them. (I wonder if he realized it was not rice, but something else)...He made my day today....so HERE* is the recipe for all of you who want to try different things for your little ones or for yourself too...Thanks Jeyashri for this wonderful recipe :)

*In order to make it easier for my little one to eat, I blended everything in a blender (and not just oats) . Also, I cooked the carrots too as my little one is still not very comfortable with raw veggies...:) Happy Cooking!!



4 comments:

  1. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your approach on the topic. Your article is as interesting as your previous writings. Keep up the good work, thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete