Saturday, June 29, 2013

Creamy Macaroni Bake (with Vegetables, Tofu and Ham)


Serves: 2
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10+10 minutes

Ingredients:

  • Macaroni - 1 cup  (boiled and strained)
  • Cream - 1/4 cup
  • Tomatoes - 2 (medium)
  • Ketchup - 2 tbsp
  • Garlic (grated) - 1 tbsp
  • Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
  • Pepper - 1/2 tsp
  • Salt to taste
  • Cheddar Cheese (Grated) - 1/2 cup
  • Breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup (panko)
  • Tofu - 1/2 cup
  • Ham - 1/2 cup (finely sliced)
  • Finely chopped vegetables of your choice. I used green beans and corn. 






Directions:


  • Heat Oil in a pan and add garlic and turmeric and saute for a minute or two. 

  • Add tomatoes, vegetables, ham and tofu. Add salt and pepper. Saute for 2-3 minutes and cover the pan with a lid and simmer for about 3-4 minutes. 






  • Add macaroni, cream and cheese and saute for 2-3 minutes. 




  • Transfer the mixture to a baking dish, sprinkle breadcrumbs and a little grated cheese over it and bake for about 10-15 minutes (till you get a light brown crusty top) 




  • Creamy macaroni bake is now ready. Serve hot :)

3 comments:

  1. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete

  3. After looking at a few of the blog articles on your site, I seriously appreciate your way of writing it. I saved it as a favorite to my bookmark site list and will be checking back in the near future.

    ReplyDelete